Recent Product Update - November 2021
We're proud to announce that the following features are live! We can't wait to see all the amazing things you will be able to do with them.
- Multilingual Forms - All of your form’s field labels and tool-tips, as well as radio, checkbox, and list options can be translated into different languages. Users will see the language based on their browser language settings.
- Tabbed Layout - Are your end users tired of scrolling through long forms. You can now create tabbed forms and make complex forms better organized, easier to navigate, and thus quicker for data viewing.
- Form Stepper - Steppers display a form as a sequence of smaller mini-forms. Breaking the form into multiple logical steps can make a complex form easier to work with and allows your users to fill out forms and capture data in a step-by-step manner.
- New Field > Multiple Users List – Added a new field type to the form builder called ‘Multiple Users’. This field allows the selection of multiple users, e.g., assigning a task to multiple users at once.
- New Left-Side Pallet Design – The Form Editor window has been redesigned to display 2 columns of fields in the left palette to make them easier and quicker to find. The new UI is more intuitive for users, and we also added more explanations when the user hovers over a field to explain what the field does.
- Form Design > Field Type Icon & Text Changes – Added an icon to display the field type icon in the Form Editor. This was added to help designers quickly identify the type of any field on a form. This icon is only displayed when editing a form.
- Form Section > Collapsible – Added the option for designers to enable/disable sections from being collapsible. If it is enabled, the users will have the option to hide a section while filling out or viewing their forms.
Introducing the new SLA Reporting Features:
- Several clients are building self service portals on GW Apps, enabling employees, customers and vendors to submit requests for services. They asked us to provide them with the tools to track SLA on multiple forms and service submittals.
- We’re happy to report that we released the first set of enhancements. You can now configure workflow stages and assign required response and SLA times. You define the time window for each service, what stages mark the request as started and completed, and are able to track progress and SLAs on these services.
- Interested? Reach out to our Customer Success team or firstname.lastname@example.org and request a demo of how this works and get assistance in deploying it in your self service portal.
Workflow & Views
- Workflow UI Overhaul - Workflow and Security tabs in the Form Editor have been merged into a single tab, creating a more streamlined building process. See and edit all of your workflow stages, stage-based role permissions, action buttons, and Field Security settings in one place.
- Calendar & Kanban Views - View and organize your records on our two newest views:
- Kanban: A card-based view that displays records as movable cards, and allows you to move records through workflow stages or change their list selection values by simply dragging and dropping them into the desired column.
- Calendar: View and create your records directly from a calendar.
- App Notifications - A new App Notification feature that gives apps a way to notify their users by adding a push notification capability. This will appear in the top right corner of the screen and shows a list of all notifications the user has received. They have the option to mark notifications as read or delete them. App notification is a new action that has to be set on a Workflow button action or a Time trigger similar to how an email notification is set up.
- Page > New SLA Table Widget – Added support for a new SLA widget to display the form’s SLA metrics of opened & closed records on time vs delayed. This widget is useful to analyze how the team is performing and if the tickets are being closed within the SLA times. Designers can also set up cell formatting (font color & background color) based on a condition.
- Application Theme > Override Platform Logo – App Designers can now add a specific logo for their application. That logo will override the Platform logo in the top left corner when the app is loaded.
- Record > Query Params Record Creation – Ability to pass query params in the URL in anonymous and on record creation to prefill a form with values. The URL accepts the field short code (specified in the field properties and the value). Fields currently supported: Text, Text area, Date, Time, Phone, Currency, Number, Country, State).
Start building with GW Apps today. No Code. Powerful Apps.
Request a demo or get started immediately with your 30 day free trial to see how easy it is to build apps and digitize your business!